Monday 5 August 2013

Grave Minder - Melissa Marr

Ghouls, ghosties, and a spot of off/on romance? Ahhh, perfect :)

This book was plugged as a Young Adult Fiction writer moving into adult terrain for the first time. After having read all the YA section of my library had to offer I was very excited about this book - and I was well rewarded.

Initially it hurtles along at a break-neck pace, which often left me wondering who was you and struggling to remember where I was. There are a few confusing shifts from present to past before I really had a grip on the characters, but it doesn't take long for you to fall into Melissa's writing style.

The conversations are a little clunky in places, but you become so swept up in the story that you gladly ignore the basic script in anticipation of the next lavishly described ghoulish encounter. 

I can honestly say this is the first book I've read in a long while where the end came too soon in the tale. About fifty pages from the end I had to flick to the last few pages to check it wasn't going to cruelly end suddenly and then advise me I'd have to wait for the next instalment!

If you like your murder mystery tales with a dollop of 'will they, wont they?' Then this book will be a match made.




No comments:

Post a Comment