Thursday 14 November 2013

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones - Cassandra Clare


Ok so I bought the first two in this series on a whim, and then borrowed the other 4 books. So before I'm even one chapter in I'm already invested in the series. I was hoping for a good return... One chapter later and I can relax - I'm already hooked!

The characters are far more enthralling than Edward and Bella, and despite the paranormal they are far more realistic. I'm glad Simon didn't just become a whingey side-line character. He is fast becoming one of my favourites...even more so than Jace! 

This may be targeted at young adults, but the writing style is suited to anyone. I read the last 2 chapters in one sitting...finishing way past bed-time! I just had to find out what happened. I was well-rewarded with an action-packed finale in which your perspective changes somewhat...

Book two is already in progress :)

No comments:

Post a Comment